The old church, dedicated to St. Cuthbert and mentioned in a charter in 1235, is on the north side of the Aberfeldy/Killin road. The present building is the result of remodelling of the medieval church around 1609 to conform with the style of the Scottish reformation though there are still some features of the late medieval church that still survive. It was in use as a place of worship until 1839 when it became the mausoleum of the Menzies family. Around the walls of the church are several Hatchments bearing a representation of the Arms of each Knight. These banners were displayed outside the homes of the deceased during the period of mourning and were in use in the 17th – 19th centuries.