Special Places

Croft Moraig (Mary's Croft)

Originally built some 5,000 years ago, the stone circle was altered during its 1,000 year life before falling into disuse. The outer stones are the latest additions, made around 2,000BC. The Gaels called this place 'Stucis' meaning stones and the farm close by is still called 'Stix'. The structure was built as a place of ritual and it moved Robert Burns to pray in the midst of the circle when he passed through the area in 1787


Picture copyright Peter Moore and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.

Nearest Town: Aberfeldy
Nearest Postcode: PH15 2EY

Local Tourism Association

Creator's Website/Facebook Page

This entry was added by: Highland Perthshire Limited